Tuesday, March 2, 2010

a brother on the radio

allways wished I had a brother
smoke from the same chimney
filtered though the same skies
someone to help me carry the years
a stained mirror to look into

another man like me
and nothing like me

but there is a voice on the radio
and through the dusty memories
he sings of how i broke my heart
in another life and another time
when i waisted myself and you

he sings like I would
if I had been a singer
the words that I would
if I was a poet and rebel
that you were an angel
and that I was wrong

another heart like mine
and nothing like it

I wish there was another man
that I didn't need to prove anything to
I wish I weren't an orphan and that I had
a brother that had worked the same
factory floors and had lived the same years

another man like me
and nothing like me

is singing on the air waives of how I failed you
som many years ago that I can hardly remember
how I never gave you what I asked for and how
I could have stayed with you and let you love me

I wish I had a brother
I wish there was another
man like me out there to help me carrry

the years

No comments:

Post a Comment